World Fringe is a membership organisation supporting Fringe Festivals to provide a valuable & meaningful space for artists to express & perform.
Membership fees are currently for Fringe Festivals only, however you can make a donation below should you want to.
Subscriptions keep the World Fringe Network running and gives us the ability to continue to support and connect all the Fringe Festivals across the world, as well as give free support to new start-up Fringe Festivals.
Since we began in 2007, World Fringe has achieved a huge amount! We advocated and enhanced the exposure, importance, and connectivity of Fringe Festivals globally with an ambition to rebrand Fringe from a lesser important, unprofessional underling of international and programmed festivals to realising them as the incubators of talent and innovation. People now see them as leaders in new practice and we helped grow them into a festival sector of its own. Now there is a well-connected support network at your fingertips – a great big Fringe Family made up of 300 Fringe Festivals across the globe.
Membership for Fringe Festivals include:
- Being a part of a professional network of Fringe Festivals worldwide
- Fringe Advocacy – Country-based Councils, Consulates, Embassies, Media, Fundraising.
- Promoting Fringe news via social media platforms and website
- Enabling a strong and connected Fringe sector – keeping the conversation going between Fringes year-round, including sharing news, ideas, policies and updates
- Up-to-date database, map and listings
- Resources, including a shared Drive of Policy Documents and infinitives
- Support for Mini-Cons, Fringe meets between Congress years
- Support for new and developing Fringe Festivals. 1-hour free consultancy via Zoom.us or in-person
- Monthly Directed Topical Discussions – via online meeting platform (via Zoom.us)
- Every 5 years the Fringe Festivals will receive a 5-year achievement award to display on their websites
- Letters to funders, stakeholders and municipalities to explain the importance of Fringe, the economic impact they have, the place-making and cohesive opportunities they represent and that their Fringe is part of a global movement
- Welcome letters to World Fringe events and short brochure copy text for Fringe guides
- Free access to World Fringe Assemblies and meetings
- World Fringe to maintain as Lead partner of the Fringe World Congress
- World Fringe logo in guide as a partner of your Fringe Festival
Membership will be paid for with schemes and benefits tailored to their needs, size and income.
Festival size categories
Cost per year
1 – 99 events
100 – 399 events
400 – 999 events
1000 plus events
2000 plus events
Events = Individual productions listed in your guides NOT individual performance dates/time-slots
World Fringe reassures its partners and members that it will not make a profit from Fringe Festivals all profits from membership fees will go back into making World Fringe a more valuable organisation.
You will get a receipt for payment via PayPal. If you require an invoice then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
These are annual re-occurring payments, which you can edit and cancel in Paypal.
New Fringe Festivals
This is a one-off payment for new Fringe festivals, we are supporting, and those who haven’t presented a festival yet
PRICE £50 for 1 year
Pay What You Can – Make a one-off, or recurring donation
Membership Steering Committee:
Thank you to our steering committee who give us guidance and support
|Kevin Charles Patterson
Founder / Executive Director
San Diego Fringe
Festival (USA & MEXICO)
Festival Director & CEO
Director and CEO
ex Roma Fringe
Canadian Association of
Fringe Festivals (CAFF)