World Fringe is a Not For Profit organisation supporting Fringe Festivals to provide a valuable & meaningful space for artists to express & perform.
We want to thank all the Fringe Festivals and individuals who support this organisation.
World Fringe does not charge official Membership fees, however we cannot survive without your kind donations.
All Fringe Festivals are members of the global Fringe Family. We have some guidelines to ensure all Fringe Festivals operate to mutually support and operate for the benefit of the artists, venues, volunteers, staff, communities in which they reside in and of each other.
Donations keep the World Fringe Network running and gives us the ability to continue to support and connect all the Fringe Festivals across the world, as well as give free support to new start-up Fringe Festivals.
Since we began in 2007, World Fringe has achieved a huge amount! Alongside the amazing Fringe Festivals, we have advocated for and enhanced the exposure, importance, and connectivity of Fringe Festivals globally with an ambition to re-brand Fringe as the incredible incubators of talent and innovation, we know you to be. People now see Fringe Festivals as leaders in new practice, and we have aimed to grow Fringe festivals into a festival sector of its own. There is a well-connected support network at your fingertips – a great big Fringe Family made up of 300 Fringe Festivals across the globe.
How we support Fringe Festivals:
- Creating a supportive professional network of Fringe Festivals worldwide
- Fringe Advocacy with Local Government Authorities, Arts Councils, Consulates, Embassies, Media and Funding bodies.
- Promoting Fringe news via social media platforms and website
- Enabling a strong and connected Fringe sector – keeping the conversation going between Fringes year-round, including sharing news, ideas, policies and updates
- Up-to-date database, a fringe map and searchable festival listings
- Resources, including a shared Drive of Policy Documents and initiatives
- Support for Fringe Festival Producer meet ups.
- Support, advice and resources for new and developing Fringe Festivals.
- Quarterly Topical Discussions – via online platform.
- Letters to funders, stakeholders and municipalities to explain the importance of Fringe, the economic impact they have, the place-making and cohesive opportunities they represent and that their Fringe is part of a global movement
- Welcome and invitation letters for World Fringe events
- Free access to World Fringe Congress and assemblies and meetings
- World Fringe is the Lead partner of the World Fringe Congress
- World Fringe as a partner of your Fringe Festival
These are annual re-occurring payments, which you can edit and cancel in Paypal.
Festival size categories
Donation per year
2000 plus events
Events = Individual productions listed in your guides NOT individual performance dates/time-slots
World Fringe reassures its partners and Fringe Family that it will not make a profit from Fringe Festivals, all profits from donations will go back into making World Fringe a more valuable organisation.
You will get a receipt for payment via PayPal. If you require an invoice then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay What You Can – Make a one-off donation – HERE
Or find us on Paypal @worldfringe
World Fringe Advisory Committee:
Thank you to our advisory committee who give us guidance and support
|Kevin Charles Patterson
Founder / Executive Director
San Diego Fringe
Festival (USA & MEXICO)
Festival Director & CEO
Director and CEO
Canadian Association of
Fringe Festivals (CAFF)