World Fringe is a membership organisation supporting Fringe Festivals to provide a valuable & meaningful space for artists to express & perform.
Membership fees are new for 2019 and currently for Fringe Festivals only. The decision to create a nominal fee for Fringes has come out of consultation and request from Fringe Directors and producers across the world who want to enable World Fringe to do more for their Festivals and as a sector as a whole.
World Fringe has developed services and schemes that aim to strengthen and bring the sector closer together. The strategy is to connect deeper with Fringe Directors and producers as well as the performers and audiences and explore the opportunities they represent. World Fringe will still run a comprehensive listings page of Fringes for free and all the social media will be free as it is now.
Membership for Fringe Festivals will include:
- Fringe Advocacy – Country based Councils (such as British Council), Consulates, Embassies, Media, Fundraising
- Keep the conversation going between Fringes year-round, including sharing news, ideas, policies and updates
- Up-to-date database and listings
- Resources, including a shared Drive of Policy Documents and infinitives
- Support for Mini Cons, Fringe meets between Congress years
- Support for new and developing Fringe Festivals. 1.5 hours free consultancy via Skype or in person
- Monthly Directed Topical Discussions – via online meeting platform (Zoom.us)
- Every 5 years the Fringe Festivals will receive a 5-year achievement award to display on their websites
- Letters to funders, stakeholders and municipalities to explain the importance of Fringe, the economic impact they have, the place-making and cohesive opportunities they represent and that their Fringe is part of a global movement
- Free access to World Fringe Assemblies and meetings
- World Fringe to maintain as Lead partner of the Fringe World Congress
Membership will be paid for with schemes and benefits tailored to their needs, size and income.
|Festival size categories||Cost per year|
|1 – 99 events||£65|
|100 – 399 events||£120|
|400 – 999 events||£175|
|1000 plus events||£350|
World Fringe reassures its partners and members that it will not make a profit from Fringe Festivals all profits from membership fees will go back into making World Fringe a more valuable organisation.
Membership Steering Committee:
Thank you to our steering committee who give us guidance and support
|Julian Caddy |
|Kevin Charles Patterson |
Founder / Executive Director
San Diego Fringe
Festival (USA & MEXICO)
Festival Director & CEO
Director and CEO
Canadian Association of
Fringe Festivals (CAFF)
|Amy Blackmore |